Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just a little teaser

So, I have a page all set aside for a home tour of Casa Shackford (our current abode), but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.  Surprisingly enough I don't have many picts. of our house, or really of any of our (past) houses.  Well, except our NY house... I guess when it takes 9 months to sell a home you have a few more chances to snap a pict. here and there.  Regardless,  I thought I could at least give you a little preview.  So, here are a few I drudged up of Casa Shackford...



All these exterior shots were taken last fall.

Here is a great view of the batten board shutters I made out of
some reclaimed wood as well as the stone path I put in (from
random stones left behind from the building of our house over
30 years ago). 

If you look up, I also added these
window boxes to balance out the shutters.
Great example of my way of decorating:  Little green thingies I made out of scraps of wood- painted and aged, all thrift store books purchased for mere pennies, runner that is actually a clearance window valance from Target, all on a garage sale table I bought and upcycled for $8.00 


The photo wall in our hall way.  

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the homemade shutters!! They make a huge difference in the look of the house. The stone is so pretty on the exterior too. Job well done! -Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you do a tutorial on how to make the shutters? I love them and would like to do something similar on my home, but every window is a different size so knowing how to make my own would help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks beautiful! Love your shutters. Thanks so much for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party! Always nice to see a new face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Such a lovely home. And I really like how the shutters tie in with your interior black frames. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you soon...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.