I found these old nightstands at a garage sale recently. They were in kind of rough shape. But with a little TLC they shaped up quite nicely.
I am all for the vintage, aged look... but this was a little more than I like.
|This one looked like it had been gnawed on by something.|
|So, I scraped off the rough edges and then sanded them also. Not heavily, just where it was needed. Then I primed them with some spray primer.|
|You can see I didn't go to too much trouble to conceal the chipping paint. This was an experiment for me. I have never left big chips like this, but I was curious to see what would happen if I did.|
|I then started to paint. I dry brushed them with some zero VOC paint. I know, a little silly since I did use spray paint to prime them.|
|The one onthe right has a little additional distressing, the one on the left had just gotten done being painted and had yet to be distressed. It is a subtle difference, but one that I like.|
|Here you can see the comparison up close.|
|As a final touch I lined the drawers with vintage sheet music.|
|AFTER: I love the coast-y, cottage-y feel.|
Here is the cost breakdown:
Nightstands: $15.00 for the pair
Paint: Free (leftovers)
Time: 1 day