Friday, May 27, 2011

A little about the sale...

I have been getting some questions about my Furniture Revival Sale tomorrow so I wanted to take a minute to explain.  If you bear with me at the bottom of the post are some preview picts.

If you have seen one of my fliers or have heard of the sale you may be wondering:
  • "What is "Okla-HOME-a"???
Okla-HOME-a is my Blog!  and you are reading it at this very minute.  I am a relative newbie to Oklahoma and am trying to make it "home" for my family by making the best home that I can for them.  I loved the play on words... hence Okla-HOME-a.
  • "What is a Furniture Revival SALE"???
Houses, furniture, decor, if it is house related I love it!  Also, I am the daughter of an avid carpenter and gardener (my mom), and the grand-daughter of a life career carpenter and woodworker, (not a bad gardener either)- my grandfather.  I guess naturally it was bound to filter down, but in the last year or so I have gotten into refurbishing, restyling, and even creating and building my own furniture, art, garden, etc...  The Furniture Revival SALE is my way of selling some of the items I have done or re-done, found or upcycled.  We wanted to invent something new, clever.  We put some heads together and came up with "Furniture Revival", after all we are in the middle south, right?
  • Is this a business??? 
No, just a hobby for now.  The sale comes at a time when my house runneth over with projects.  There are no other scheduled future sales, or projects for now.  But, we will see how it goes tomorrow and go from there. 
  • "So, it is a garage sale..."
Not really.  It is going to be in our lovely backyard, with music and refreshments.  It is more of an event for us, kind of like a party where we hope to sell a lot of furniture and home decor.  Every piece has had my hands on it, so everything is handmade, hand painted, hand refurbished, hand picked, NOT garage sale stuff. 
And now for some pertinent preview pictures...

Look for these directional signs.

Don't let the red throw you off.

When you have found this sign you have found the sale!

 Now for a little teaser.  This is by no means all that we have ( I wanted to save a little for the imagination.)  Here are a few of the items at tomorrows sale:








Also, just to reiterate... even those these photos are taken inside, tomorrow is an OUTDOOR sale. 

We are so excited.  Hope to see you here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you soon...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.