Monday, May 2, 2011

A simple chair redo & some thrifty finds

It isn't often that I find really good pieces of furniture, in really good shape for really cheap prices.  But this last week I hit the jackpot! 

This chair was probably my thriftiest/ easiest redo to date.  It was in such great shape.  All it needed was a little cleaning and some new upholstery. 
I love that it is on casters!  What a great office/ desk chair.


BEFORE
AFTER


Actually this table is my cheapest find ever... I found it on the curb on trash day.  I also picked up those lamp-like thingies at a garage sale.  Not sure what I will do with them yet, but they looked neat. 

Another very thrifty find from this last week.

A neat base.  I think I am going to make a cute footstool out of it, or plant stand?

How about this old tripod?  Very cool.  I recently saw one just like this made into a lamp!

Also found this.  Looks to me like a surf board... I think I will make it into 2 side tables for the lounge chairs by our pool.

A cute bedside table for a little girls room?  Oh the possibilities...
Check back to soon to see what becomes of all these treasures...

12 comments:

  1. You did great! The tripod is my fave-

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds!!! I love your chair makeover, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job on the chair, that is such a pretty chair. and your other little tables have loads of possibility. Tripod is way cool too. Thanks for sharing ~diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know I'm showing off you fabulous blue lamp on my blog today. Thanks for creating such a sensational project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you got some great finds! Your chair looks great. I love anything on wheels! Thanks for linking to my Share the Love link party!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got some great things! I bet that coffee table will be wonderful with a bit of tlc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And, I think, oh, I could do that w/this or that thing I have now. Very neat finds and some neat ideas-to-be! Came by way of Brambleberry Cottage Time Travel Thursday ... Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, those lamps! I could cry, I love them so much. And you must, must, must turn the tripod into a lamp, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! Can't wait to see whatcha do with em! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what great finds! I love the transformation of the chair... and the lamp thingies will make nice finials to display... my favorite is the surf board table.I'm visiting from The Picket Fence. Have a nice weekend!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely things--I can never walk by "potential furniture" without thinking how will it look if "I do this"--you have some great stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your chair redo and your finds are great! I love to find project furniture too~ Can't wait to see how they all turn out! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you soon...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.