Wednesday, June 15, 2011

... and a drum roll please!

Well, it FINALLY came!!!

This is the cover to look for.  You can purchase this mag. almost anywhere; Barnes & Noble, Lowes, Home Depot, to name a few.  But also at nearly every airport magazine stand around the world!

Here is my page (on the left)!!!

If you have been reading my blog you know that the tutorial they excerpted here pails in comparison to my original.  They make it sound easy, even state so much.  But, I must say those are not my words!  It wasn't a terribly difficult project but one that I had to come up with entirely on my own.  I couldn't find anywhere how to install a woven runner.  So, I practiced and practiced until I thought the entire process through leaving no little question marks.  The steps and the process was so much more detailed and in depth.  They barely scratched the surface.  But, hey it made it in the magazine, so that is it for my complaining.

ME!!!

I also made it into "THE CHEAPSKATE HALL OF FAME"  which my husband LOVES!  I am an uber-cheapskate, and I don't think anyone really believes me.  It is rare for me to pay double-digits for anything.  I am a single-digit kind of girl.  But, now perhaps I will have more cred. seeing is it is now in print.

Love that this project made it in.  Just wish they had put a photo because I think they turned out better than this little blurb implies.  In fact, if you look up at the header of my blog you can catch a glimpse of my shutters! You can also view my tutorial to make your own.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how exciting! Congratulations on such a great honor! You should be super proud of yourself and I can't wait to get a copy! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jaime! How wonderful, I'll be sure to pick up an issue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool! Congratulations for being included in this great magazine
    I love the look of your stair runner and I love the shutter idea. Your are very crafty...well, more than crafty I guess very D I Y

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog!! Its so cute!!! I am your newest follower!!! i would love to feature you on my blog. so let me know!! :) So if you would like to go and check out my blog and follow me too! That would make my day!!! :) I am so excited to start blogging and share my ideas on food, crafts, and mineral make-up. I will also be doing giveaways on stuff, like mineral make-up. So look out for it!
    Thanks!
    -Brooke
    For-the-luv-of.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They definitely didn't do those shutters justice, but how exciting to even be featured! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you soon...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.