Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Let's Go Green"

My boys' school is having a family fun night where the theme is "Let's Go Green".  The homeroom moms had a choice of painting a canvas or clay pot.  Then they were to decorate it keeping within the "green" theme.  They will then be auctioned off as a fund raiser during Family Fun Night.  My youngest son's class chose to do a 'fingerprint tree' on a canvas.  A good friend of mine, who is my son's kindergarten homeroom mom, asked me for a little help.  This is what we came up with:

After seeing the finished project my little guy turned to me and said,
"Mom you're an artist!"
So sweet :)

First my friend sketched a tree on the canvas.  Then we had the kids use their fingerprints to make up the initial  leaves.  I then painted the tree trunk, embellished the tree with some additional foliage, and finally added some grass. 

 To incorporate the "green theme" I built the frame from some weathered, scrap wood I had on hand
(from our pergola actually).

A little left over twine and hot glue took care of  the writing.

I braided together some more twine to hang the picture on the wall.

I hope we raise a lot of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you soon...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.